It’s so hard to choose, but here are some of the things we like to do – in no particular order….
in no particular order….
- Unhurried massage, treatments and pampering at the Spa.
- Watching the sun go down over one of the lakes at Lower Mill Estate
- A meal at Cornerstone Cottage prepared by your own private chef,
- Long lazy drive in beautiful Cotswold countryside, stopping for coffee and cake, lunch, and afternoon tea in historic villages and towns.
- Exploring centuries of history in villages, country houses, tea shops, pubs, churches and estates in every direction.
- Enjoying the delights of Cirencester – including Pick-A-Pot-And-Paint, Octavia’s Bookshop, ‘He Says She Waffles’ waffle shop, and don’t forget ‘Lick The Spoon’ chocolates and ice cream …all around Cirencester’s historic Black Jack Street.
- Curling up in front of a log fire reading a book.
- Shopping for a bargain, or perhaps a hunting for an antique, or finding a piece of artwork or craft in historic Cotswold towns.
- Night-time drink on the deck at the back of the house on a starry night.
- A visit to the Farmers market in Cirencester for cheese, bread, ham and many other goodies.
- Wildlife and bird-watching on walks from the front door, and trying to see the elusive badgers.
- A visit to ‘The Organic Farm Shop’ – over the years we have seen the team work hard to transform Abbey Home Farm into a wonderful café, shop and more.
- A visit to Daylesford Organic Farm – luxury café, shop and more, sometime described as ‘Chelsea in the Cotswolds’ (a real treat, though do check prices first)
- Savouring the peace and quiet of the Spa swimming pools, sauna and steam room.